Creamy Cheesy Noodle Bake
- 6 cups egg noodles cooked to al dente (can use any noodles)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups oat milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (preferably lactose-free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the bag. Drain and place in a greased medium sized casserole dish.
- Place the butter in a sauce pan and heat it until it’s melted, then stir in the flour.
- Add in a very, VERY small amount of milk. Just enough to mix it in. Keep adding a small bit of milk at a time, constantly stirring, until you have added it all and the mixture is smooth.
- Add in 2 cups of the shredded cheese, stirring to melt it in completely.
- Once the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened, pour over the noodles in the casserole. Top with the remaining cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake covered in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then uncover and let the cheese melt and brown for another 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!