Creamy Garlic Shells
- Mini shell pasta noodles (or any small noodles)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (swiss or lactose-free parmesan)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al-dente.
- Drain, then set aside.
- Heat another pot on stove at medium heat.
- Add butter and olive oil.
- Once butter is melted, add garlic.
- Sauté until light-golden brown.
- Sprinkle in flour.
- Whisk and sauté for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk, continually whisking until mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Pour sauce onto noodles.
- Stir in cheese and parsley flakes until smooth.