Spaghetti with Butter, Egg, & Cheese
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup grated Swiss cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of lightly salted water until al dente.
- While the spaghetti cooks, whisk together the oat milk and egg.
- Drain the pasta.
- Put the drained pasta back into the cooking pot. Turn the heat to low, add the milk/egg mixture and butter, and stir just until the milk thickens and coats the noodles, a minute or so.
- Remove from heat. Add the cheese and stir again. Add a layer of cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Mom’s Kitchen Handbook.