- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or regular butter), melted
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut suger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash and shred zucchini.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add shredded zucchini and mix well using a fork.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil and stir well to blend.
- Add baking powder and mix using a spoon. (Batter consistency should be like heavy whipping cream).
- Preheat griddle to 425 to 450 F.
- If using a heavy duty frying pan, heat to medium-high heat; adjust heat if necessary.
- Rub grill or frying pan with oil before cooking each batch of pancakes.
- Spoon batter onto hot griddle (about 2 tablespoons for each pancake).
- Cook until bubbles on the top of the pancake almost stop, about 1.5 minutes; turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 to 1.5 minutes or until pancakes are done.
- Serve with your choice of jams or syrups.
Recipe adapted from Mom’s Kitchen Handbook.